I want to build a fence in my yard. What do I need to do?
You need to bring in two (2) copies of your site plan showing the location of the proposed fence and complete an application for a Zoning Certificate. Fences do not need to be approved by the Greene County Department of Building Regulations. Fences located in front yards are limited to 42" in height with a permitted open to closed portion ratio not to exceed 1-3/4:1 (privacy fences are not permitted in front yards). Fences in side and rear yards are limited to 6' in height (privacy fences are permitted in side and rear yards). Please contact the Sugarcreek Township Planning and Zoning Department for additional guidance on your specific project. You may also need to acquire approval from your Homeowner's Association. Note: Corner lots are considered to have two (2) front yards.

Show All Answers

1. I'm building a deck. What kind of approvals do I need?
2. I'm building a shed. What kind of approvals do I need?
3. What is the biggest size storage building that I can put on my lot?
4. Can I build a shed, an above ground pool and a fence in my yard?
5. I want to build a fence in my yard. What do I need to do?
6. I am building a fence. Do I have to have my property surveyed?
7. How close to the property line can I place my shed?
8. How tall does a fence surrounding a pool need to be?
9. Can I build a shed in my front yard?
10. How long does it take for Sugarcreek Township to issue my Zoning Certificate, once I apply?
11. My neighbor's house was foreclosed and the grass is a foot tall. Can the township address this issue?
12. Can I build in an easement?